This chocolate banana smoothie is a great choice to stave off your hunger or your chocolate cravings at any hot day. Using pure cocoa powder in a smoothie drink has its own health benefits and adding banana will give enough fiber and energy to fuel the day. This non-dairy smoothie is preferred by all age groups and even by those who don't like the taste of banana. Especially your kids will never say no to this smoothie.
How to Make a Healthy Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Follow this easy recipe to make this healthy chocolate banana smoothie.Ingredients
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 large banana
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- Peel and dice the banana.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender pitcher and puree into a smooth consistency.
- If you use frozen bananas, then blend it first with the milk and then add the rest of the ingredients and blend again.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy.
Servings: 1 large serving
If you don’t have almond milk, then substitute with soy or regular milk. To avoid ice cubes make use of frozen banana and it will give a nice texture and chillness to the smoothie. Want extra chillness? Then refrigerate the almond milk and use it ice cold for making smoothie.
Throw a scoop of protein powder to this smoothie and boost up your energy after a hard day workout.