This is the exact recipe we use for making strawberry banana smoothie with greek yogurt. Strawberry and banana blends up together and give a nice flavored fruit smoothie drink and greek yogurt just gives the exact creamier texture you expect in a smoothie. We also use some orange juice in this to add little tropical touch and a contrasting flavor to the strawberry and banana smoothie. If you are the one who likes to eat up your smoothie like a dessert, then use whole orange (of course, peeled) instead of juice which gives more texture and thickness to the smoothie.
Recipe for Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Greek YogurtIngredients
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tbsp agave or stevia
- Ice cubes
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Add orange juice, greek yogurt and strawberries to the blender and blend it a little.
- Now add the banana, ice cubes and sweetener to the mix and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the contents into a tall glass and enjoy.
You can substitute fresh strawberries for frozen ones, but if you do, then make sure you use enough ice cubes to thicken the smoothie. Using frozen fruits will give a creamy consistency to the smoothie drink but remember not to use all frozen fruits.