Almost all the strawberry smoothie recipes will use yogurt in them. If you are one who doesn’t like the taste of yogurt or allergic to dairy products then you will find it difficult to make tasty strawberry smoothies. This is a very simple strawberry smoothie recipe that you can try out with minimal ingredients. Almond milk is a best alternative to yogurt or milk in smoothie and also tastes delicious. Always use unsweetened almond milk to avoid adding up extra calories to the drink.
Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe without Yogurt
Here goes the recipe for this simple strawberry smoothie without using yogurt or milk.Ingredients
- 1 cup cold almond milk
- 1 cup strawberry (frozen)
- 1/2 banana (sliced)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Toss almond milk and strawberry to the blender and pulse it a few times to break up the tough fruits.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and add ice cubes (optional) on top and blend until smooth.
- Using ice cold almond milk and frozen strawberries will make the smoothie chillier, so use ice cubes accordingly.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve.
You can also try this smoothie with fresh strawberries. If you feel it has thin consistency then use extra ice cubes to thicken the smoothie. Using overripe banana will add natural sweetness to the smoothie.
This is a simple and delicious vegan smoothie to try out at any time of the day :-)