This green smoothie with spinach, cucumber and apple is a great choice of refreshment on hot summer days. Having smoothies with vegetables and greens do lots of wonder to your health and it’s a great way to balance fiber, carbs, protein and other vital nutrients in your diet. Especially if you don’t like green colored drink then mixing spinach or other greens with fruits will lighten up the color and also the fruity sweetness will mask the flavor of greens. Try this cool cucumber green smoothie recipe and you will love it.
Recipe for Healthy Spinach Cucumber Apple Green Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (ice cold)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves (packed)
- 1 big apple (cored)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 tbsp chia or flax seeds
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or honey (optional)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Clean spinach leaves thoroughly.
- Combine spinach with almond milk in a good smoothie blender and blend to smooth consistency.
- Next add apple, cucumber, chia seeds, lime juice, honey and ice cubes to the blender mix and puree into a smooth mix.
- Pour into a chilled serving glass and enjoy.
Sprinkle some grated ginger or ground cinnamon on top for punch. Add 1/4 cup of frozen ripe banana while blending to get naturally sweetened and creamy smoothie drink. By this way you don’t need sweetener at all.