Try out this super delicious and healthy berry-spinach smoothie and stay energized till your next meal. This is a simple smoothie recipe to make with spinach, berries and little flax seed. Berries not only add delicious flavors but contain loads of vitamins and anti-oxidants. Orange juice fully packed with Vitamin C will boost your immune system. Also the flax seeds are great for weight loss and improve your digestion. Plus you get the extra goodness of spinach completely masked by the flavors of berries and yogurt.
Recipe for Strawberry Banana Spinach Flaxseed Smoothie
Here goes the easy recipe for healthy breakfast berry smoothie.
Servings: Makes 2 large servings
|Image Credits: tasteslovely.com|
- 3 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1-1/2 tbsp flaxseed
- Rinse spinach leaves thoroughly. Peel and halve banana.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender except spinach and blend in high till smooth.
- Next add spinach to the mix and blend to your desired consistency.
- Share the contents into two tall glasses and garnish with a wedge of strawberry on top.
- Enjoy :-)
If you want the goodness of fiber, feel free to add 2 full oranges (peeled and halved) while blending instead of orange juice.