Berries have sweet flavor and making fruit smoothies with more than one berry fruit promises a super refreshing snack. Below is the awesome recipe for making mixed berry smoothie with vanilla yogurt and orange juice. Since we make this smoothie with frozen fruits, there is no need for ice. Also adding banana will give a nice texture to the drink. Overall this is a delicious smoothie with the sweetness of berry fruits and bit tang taste to it.
Recipe for Mixed Berry Smoothie with Yogurt and Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry and raspberry)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- Toss vanilla yogurt and frozen berry fruits in a high speed smoothie blender and blend until smooth.
- Next add peeled and sliced banana, orange juice and almond extract to the blender jar and puree into a smooth mix.
- Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with a slice of strawberry on top.
- Enjoy the refreshing mixed berry smoothie drink.
This mixed berry smoothie will be really thick and creamy and you can thin out the smoothie by adding some water and blending the mix.