If you want to make perfect smoothie to benefit overall health then look no more than Turmeric Smoothie. Powdered Turmeric has long been utilized in Indian and Chinese medication as powerful anti-inflammatory agent to treat variety of illnesses. Recent researches have shown that curcumin, an active pigment in turmeric which gives it’s brilliant yellow color possess immense health benefits.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
Wonder what turmeric can do to your well-being? Well! Take a look at the medical advantages you get by consuming it.
- Wards off Alzheimer’s disease
- Helps to Prevent Cancer
- Enhance Liver Functioning
- Reduces the risk of Heart Attacks & Strokes
- Fights Inflammatory Diseases
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Combats Cold & Flu
- Aid Indigestion and Weight Loss
- Act as Anti-Diabetic
Healing Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
Below is the recipe for this turmeric smoothie, an incredible health booster.
Servings: Makes oneIngredients
- 1 cup hemp or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple or mango chunks
- 1 medium banana (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (can be increased to 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maca (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend in high until smooth.
- Transfer the contents into a tall glass.
- Enjoy :)
It’s best to consume this anti-oxidant rich turmeric smoothie on empty stomach in the morning.
Though turmeric is slightly bitter in taste, sweet fruits like mango & pineapple cover the flavor of turmeric well and you won't even notice it in the smoothie. Not only tasty but packed with innumerable health benefits it’s a great breakfast to have on daily!
Recipe adopted from preventdisease.com