Beets provide incredible health benefits like controlling blood pressure, regulates blood circulation and high in dietary fiber to mention a few. There is nothing better than consuming beets as tasty smoothies and they are also excellent for weight-loss. Beet Smoothies control your daily calorie intake and keeps you energized and fuller till your next meal. One of my favorite beet smoothies is mixing them with carrot, apple and some greens. It’s the perfect meal replacement smoothie I make often.
Recipe for Beet Apple Ginger Smoothie
Below is the easy recipe for Sweet & Spicy Beet Apple Ginger Smoothie.
Servings: Makes 2 Servings
- 1 small beet (peeled)
- 1 sweet apple (cored)
- 3-4 baby carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 thin lemon slices (peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup filtered water
- Pinch of pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients except celery in a high speed blender and blend for 30 secs. (Check here for the list of best smoothie blenders to buy in the market)
- Next add celery to the mix and blend to your desired consistency. Add more water if required to thin out the smoothie.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy high nutritious beet smoothie.
This sweet and spicy beet-apple smoothie is excellent in taste and low in calorie. You can also try out this recipe with kale or with a handful of fresh spinach leaves instead of celery. Either way it tastes great :-)
Image Credits: www.blenderbabes.com