Greens are the ultimate super food you can get in a very cheap budget. Having greens like spinach or kale regularly in diet will help your body to cleanse itself from the toxins added up day by day. This kale, pineapple and cucumber green smoothie combination is one of the interesting ways to detox yourself. Watery pineapple and cucumber is best suitable for hot summer days and having this smoothie for breakfast will make you feel hydrated and refreshing through out the day.
Recipe for Kale Pineapple and Cucumber Smoothie
Here goes the recipe for kale, pineapple and cucumber smoothie with apple juice.
- 1 cup fresh baby kale (packed)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cucumber (4-5 inch piece)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Combine kale and apple juice in a high speed blender and blend smooth.
- Next add the rest of smoothie ingredients to the blender and pulverize to a smooth mix.
- Pour into a tall glass and decorate with a wedge of pineapple.
- Enjoy this highly refreshing smoothie.
Both pineapple and cucumber are watery and tend to make the smoothie slushy. So feel free to thicken this detox green smoothie with ice if you prefer.